If you are experiencing sparky outlets, frequent short circuits, and other electrical faults, it might be time to rewire your house. Rewiring is a huge and often expensive job that, by law, must be done by professional electricians.
While it can be a huge hassle, it is absolutely non-negotiable if the wiring in your house is old and faulty. There is a very real danger of shock and personal injury as a result of faulty wiring. Old and/or faulty is also the leading cause of fires started inside the home.
The electricians at Delta-Tech are very experienced in re-wiring old houses throughout the Central Coast, Newcastle, and Hunter Region. If your house is more than 30 years old and hasn’t been checked by an electrician or if you are experiencing some electrical faults, you should get in touch for an electrical health check.
Rewiring is a complex and serious undertaking. We hope this post helps you to understand the process and recognise signs your home may need rewiring.
When should I ask an electrician about rewiring my house?
- Your home is more than 30 years old (and it’s been a while since an electrician was over). Electrical components break down over time. If you have an old house, it’s good sense to get it checked out and rewired.
- You are noticing some electrical failures. Signs your home needs rewiring include:
- Fuses blow often.
- Lights flicker or dim frequently.
- You need to replace your light bulbs too often.
- Warm or discoloured switchplates.
- You notice buzzing sounds coming from your electrical outlets.
- You notice burning smells coming from your electrical outlets.
- Your electrical outlets spark when you plug in an electrical appliance.
- You need to connect an excessive number of power boards to serve the number of electrical appliances you have.
- Circuit breakers are constantly tripping.
- You notice a low-level tingle when you touch electrical outlets.
If your house fits one or more of these characteristics, get in touch with Delta-Tech for an electrical health check. Faulty wiring is a serious safety issue and must be dealt with professionally.
Our beautiful area is lucky enough to be full of old coastal and hinterland properties. Gorgeous as they might be, older homes are particularly at risk of electrical fires and faults as a result of old wiring.
How much does it cost to rewire a house?
The cost of the job will depend on the size of the job. If just one outlet or one room needs rewiring (for example, in the case of a renovation) then the cost will be lower. If you are noticing ongoing electrical issues throughout your entire house, a whole-home rewiring may in order. Our friendly team of local experts will make the process as quick and painless as possible. Get in touch for a quote today.